You have set aside a few hours or the weekend to get your garage free of the clutter and chaos that has plagued it for far too long, but wouldn’t it be great if you had a checklist to help guide you through the mess that lies ahead? For that reason, follow this helpful list created by the team at Fairfax Junk Removal Authority for a speedy garage clean-out that will leave your space clutter-free and ready to park your vehicles!
The first items on your garage clean-out checklist are to prepare for the job ahead. Check off these items first to ensure you are properly prepared:
- Decide on a timeframe that you would like to complete your project and try your best to stick to it.
- Another, schedule a pickup with Fairfax Junk Removal Authority. Junk Removal Authority Fairfax can help save you a lot of time by disposing of all of your unwanted items. They also donate items that are in good condition to charity, therefore saving you multiple trips.
- Purchase shelving that attaches to the walls and hooks or racks from which you can hang items. Experts claim that keeping the floor of your garage clear is important to maintaining a junk-free space
Sort and Reorganize
Next, you will need to make sure that you sort through all of your items and reorganize everything, disposing of what you don’t need, don’t use, or things that are broken. Also, check off the following items next in your garage clean-out project.
- Remove everything from the garage.
- Discard anything that you haven’t used in over a year.
- Trash anything that is broken, or that needs repair.
- Toss away old toys and tools that are duplicates or broken.
- Remove old paint, books, CD, DVD’s, old electronics and outdated appliances.
Having a clean garage is essential to maintaining a clutter-free space. Check off these simple cleaning steps in the garage clean-out process next.
- Use a broom to clean your garage from ceiling to floor making sure to remove dust and cobwebs.
- Wipe down surfaces as well as windows.
- Replace broken fixtures and light bulbs.
- Finally, mop the floors or powerwash them to remove all the debris and old oil stains.
Setting up the perfect garage space is one of the more enjoyable parts of the garage clean-out process. As a result, following the steps below will ensure you have an organized clutter-free space.
- Return items you are keeping to your cleaned designated garage space.
- Label bins and boxes for easy retrieval.
- Use large plastic bins for organizing and storing holiday decorations, sporting equipment, as well as other items not in use.
- Purchase lids to ensure you can stack the bins and make better use of the top bin for even more added storage.
- Think verticle. Shelving that attaches to the walls and hooks or racks work well for garage spaces.
Haul Out – Contact Fairfax Junk Removal Authority
Most noteworthy, the final step in the garage clean-out process and perhaps the most rewarding are the hauling away of all of your junk. There is only one step to follow in this final process:
- Call Fairfax Junk Removal Authority.
- Call Fairfax Junk Removal Authority today so we can help you get started with your garage clean-out.